I used to love carrot cake, but since I've been allergic to citrus I haven't been able to eat it, as most carrot cakes contain orange or lemon. A while ago we found a recipe for one which just included a little lemon juice in the icing, which we could easily leave out (I can't have even the tiniest amount), but it sounded rather more effort than the cakes R usually makes, and contained other ingredients which we wouldn't normally keep in the house, so he never got round to trying it.
Yesterday he finally made me a carrot cake. It was indeed a big effort, as it required a lot of mixing and we only have a very elderly hand mixer, so he probably won't make it again. The icing is also a bit on the sweet side, without the lemon juice. But the cake itself is nice, and it will be a change.
Happy new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment